Monday, January 10, 2011

Kids News!

Well, between all the fun-ness going on around the holidays I didn't get a chance to post any monthly news, so here goes, for those interested.

Trevor turned 4 mns, weighed in at 16 lbs or 7 kilos. Yep, he's a big guy! Pretty sure he's gonna outweigh Conner soon. :( Updates are: he smiles and laughs all the time, he's quite active, can grab toys (or anything in his way), rolls all over the place, every which way. Found his feet too, he loves playing with them, also realized his voice and loves to scream whenever he gets a chance. He's such a fun little guy!

Conner turned 20 mns, knows numbers 1-10 and can pick them out and count. He's learning colors & shapes (knows some), starting to use short sentences "Mommy! Want water!" etc. and is so eager to grow up and learn new things. Like with learning colors, he tries so hard, he'll bring me a crayon and say "Mommy, yellow?" I say "No, that's orange", Conner: "Orange, ok" and tries again with some other object until he gets the color right. I love his zest for learning and how easy it seems to see making mistakes as stepping stones to learning new things. :) Oh to be a child again (but at least I'm thankful for the times I can stop and see ordinary things in new ways from their eyes)!

Oh and as a sidebar, if you think of us, please do pray for the boys, they've been pretty sick for over a week now with colds, coughs, ear-aches, congestion, sore throats, etc and could use your prayers that it doesn't develop into anything worse -- esp for Trevor. Txs so much!


3 comments:

  1. That's SO nice to hear about them! I like the updates on Conner as it gives me things to look forward to :) Cute.

    Praying they get over their sickyness. That's not fun.

    Ly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having a baby! All the wonderfully tiny things they do that are such a wonderfully big deal! I'll pray against those colds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And yes, Maria, it's very true. I like how you put it. Thanks for praying for them, they are pretty much all better now. Trevor still has a congested cough, but otherwise, they are well. TG!

    ReplyDelete