Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thrush and GSE

So I've been meaning to write about this, but for those who follow our blog, you'll remember that dear little Trevor got thrush around 1 1/2 mns. I went to the pediatrician numerous times about it, was prescribed all sorts of antibiotics for him/me and still nothing was taking it away completely. I did research on the antibiotics and found that I could request the next level up which guarantees to get rid of it, but it had terrible downsides including being very hard on a baby's intestines, etc. So then I switched to looking for gentian violet and couldn't seem to find the right kind, was told stores don't carry it anymore, etc., so I got pretty desperate.

I then did some more research online and made an awesome discovery. I found this website of a Dr Jay Gordon who talked about using Grapefruit Seed Extract combined in distilled water. I decided to try this and found it to be extremely effective. By the time I found this, Trevor had had the thrush for quite some time so it was still pretty stubborn to get rid of, so along with the mixture I also (as much as possible) cut out sugar and yeast from my diet for the first week. And at first I had to use the potion on him and I, but after a short time, I only used it on him and I'm happy to say it didn't take long to see and feel the results.

Not only did it work, but once I got rid of it completely it didn't come back and I'm pretty sure it's also part of what helped keep him stay mostly healthy through all the nasty flus that went around this winter.

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there in case any Mom reading is either going through this now or knows of someone who is who could use some advice along these lines. At least it worked for me.

2 comments: