Saturday, September 24, 2011

Playing the glad game.

I've been having a bit of a rougher weekend, yesterday especially. It was just one of those days that by 11am I already wanted to call it quits, curl up in bed and restart. Instead, I found out late last night that on top of working today, Michael also has to work longer than expected. All roads were leaning towards a frustrated, sad, depressing day...so instead I decided that I'm going to try to change that by focusing on the things that are so great about my life and this weekend.
In short, play the glad game.

So, here are some things I have to be thankful for:

1) Weather under 90 degrees with a nice breeze.
2) Getting to wash my car and clean my house.
3) Daddy being home all day tomorrow and making a few extra bucks today.
4) A loving, amazing husband who works so hard to provide for us.
5) The prospect of a yummy pasta tonight.
6) Healthy boys -- and not having to rush Conner to the ER. (He fell down yesterday and banged his head quite badly which instantly turned into a black, blue and red welt.)
7) A sleep in.
8) An understanding, loving sister.
9) Autumn and the delightful holiday seasons to come.
10) Two adorable little boys who never fail to smile, laugh and bring me the world's greatest joy.

Gosh, that's a lot of things. Now, what was I complaining about?

Happy weekend and happy fall season everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you I had the exact same kinda week..really 2 weeks! Hang in there and savor the few quiet moments you get when the boys are catching their zzzz's to relax and unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...hope this week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete