Friday, December 28, 2012

Look, Ma! No (training) wheels!!

This is long overdo, but I forgot to post about this very cool accomplishment of Conner's! He learned to ride a bike without training wheels. This happened a few months back and it's all cause he started on a two-wheeler push bike (hard to explain), but the point of it (I believe) is to teach kids how to balance on a bike. Then you learn peddling and viola, you've got biking down. I am now happy to announce that Conner is a pro on his bike! He's so happy and proud of himself and we sure are too!

3 comments:

  1. That's gotta be some sort of record, really amazing! Where did you or your mom get that bike from again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco, actually! It was the best $20 spent, really! My Mom got it for him and now Trevor uses it, started just around 2, and is incredibly fast and good on it. A lot of people told me to get a tricycle along with it and that way you learn the peddling at the same time and your kid will never need training wheels, but either way works. Conner didn't use the training wheels that long, just enough to get the peddling down and then he wanted them off. I haven't seen them at Costco for a long time, but I know PB kids also has them, just a little more pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yeah I haven't seen those at the Costco's here, I'll have to keep a lookout for one!

    ReplyDelete